Executing an augmented reality dressing room to your business will draw customers’ attention and could positively affect your brand’s image. A great many people like new technologies and developments, and that means they are normally attracted to them. What’s most significant, a virtual dressing room application can likewise lower the return rate and increase sales resulting in higher revenue.
How do AR dressing rooms work?
Virtual fitting rooms permit customers to take a stab at clothes without the need to wear or even touch them truly. Any potential client with a smartphone can take advantage of such an apparatus. Utilizing a dedicated application, they can see a live image of themselves in any available article.
How it works is very simple. An overlay image of the selected article will be displayed in the user’s live video feed. In other words, the customer can see what the cut, size, and style will look like if set. When it comes to regular shops, most retailers set up dedicated stands with large shows in front or place of actual dressing rooms.
Significance of virtual take a stab at in e-commerce
Having turned to online clothing shopping, large numbers of us observed it challenging to decide which clothes and in what sizes would fit us best. After all, you can’t exactly give anything a shot before ordering and receiving it. Most online clothing stores offer a size graph or even size guide, however, these are often either imprecise or the items don’t match the given dimensions accurately enough. Furthermore, it’s not easy all the time to imagine how exactly a piece of clothing will look once you wear it.
An answer for this is a free return strategy used by most marketplaces. It seems reasonable from the get-go, however, it creates an excessively exceptional yield rate, which can take off to a disturbing 70% for some categories. This thusly fundamentally lowers the real sales edge on each item and in extreme cases makes the business unprofitable. Especially on the off chance that you offer free shipping.
That is where the choice to give clothes a shot virtually can prove to be altogether beneficial. By giving your customers a method for seeing how each item looks on their body, they can make more informed decisions. Therefore, fewer of them will need to return their orders.
How physical retailers can utilize virtual fitting rooms
Virtual fitting rooms can likewise be utilized with great results in regular design retail. As mentioned above, most stores that use this technology set up a large mirror with a showcase screen. These are called smart mirrors. The customers see a live image of themselves, very much like in a regular mirror, except overlaying images can be projected on them.
Modern technology even permits users to have a 360-degree view of themselves while wearing a virtual piece of clothing. It’s quite significant that a virtual trial mirror can likewise recommend items based on the thing the shopper is searching for. That is a method for increasing sales volume with basically no effort. Lastly, you can present an unlimited range of items to the customers in addition to the ones which are currently truly exhibited.
We have already gone through some of the advantages of augmented reality technologies in design retail. Here is a fast reminder of why you ought to consider developing virtual fitting rooms for your business.
- Altogether lower return rate. Reports show that it can come around however much 36% which means a larger sales edge and more revenue. This is especially significant for e-commerce, where the RR reaches a lot higher levels.
- Strikingly greater turnover. AR attempt ones have been reported to improve conversion rates and the average order value, which increases the turnover.
- A positive image of your brand. Creating virtual fitting rooms allows customers to see your brand as more innovative and customer-oriented. By integrating these efforts into one marketing effort, your brand can grow exponentially.
- Convenient and faster shopping experience. As per a recent report, 97% of consumers gave up on a purchase, because it wasn’t convenient enough. Genuinely taking a stab at multiple items is undoubtedly inconvenient and time-consuming, even more, when it comes to online shopping.
- Attracting customers. Consolidating new technologies makes shopping fun and that draws in many people.
- Virtual shopping aide. Customers can get a more tailored experience. A virtual collaborator can recommend extra items furtherly increasing the order value with little to no effort.